Sunday, July 25, 2010

Manga online

I started reading manga online about 3 years back when I started using celcom broadband. before that my manga access is by buying kreko, arena komik and manga books published by Comics House and Tora Aman. I first read manga online at Onemanga and then switch to Mangafox and some other websites. The good things about manga online are they are free, there are more options and readers have the privilege which to read and you need not to go to shop and then find places to locate your books and magazines. Moreover, there are updated. The bad thing is when the manga got licensed, the manga will be pulled off from the website. But still you still can browse through the net and if you are lucky you can find it elsewhere. Before this, I noticed there are debates whether manga online is legal or not, about the copyright, piracy bla bla bla, but i don't go deep into it.

However this morning when I want to take my drugs ( well, manga that is), I found something is wrong with the website. this is how mangafox appears. i tried several times, but still no access.

Then i tried onemanga, the website is still alive but there is message appears

"It pains me to announce that this is the last week of manga reading on One Manga (!!). Manga publishers have recently changed their stance on manga scanlations and made it clear that they no longer approve of it. We have decided to abide by their wishes, and remove all manga content (regardless of licensing status) from the site. The removal of content will happen gradually (so you can at least finish some of the outstanding reading you have), but we expect all content to be gone by early next week (RIP OM July '10).

So what next? We're not really sure at this point, but we have some ideas we would like to try out. Until then, the One Manga forums will remain active and we encourage all of you to continue using them. OMF has developed into a great community and it would be a shame to see that disappear.


Regardless of whether you stay with us or not, on behalf of the One Manga team, I would like to thank you all for your unwavering support over the years. Through the ups and downs you have stuck with us, and that is what kept us going.


As a certain Porky was fond of saying... That's all folks!


Time for me to go lay down and let this all sink in.


- Zabi"


I was like IS IT FOR REAL?? It was like a death penalty to me. Good thing mangatraders is still alive. Seems like i will have to download top mangas that i haven't read. Maybe i will switch back to Kreko and Arena komik (which cost me at least RM5 each) for some time until this chaos will get better (hopefully) and if i were to buy english manga at borders it costs me at least RM40 each!!. Oh my, i really need these drugs (mangas) or i will get really really really depressed....................................
Damn it! Damn it! publisher sucks!! Grrrr (gritting teeth)



1 comment:

TheBuzzingBee said...

mari sedey bersame2..... :((